Trauma Center: Second Opinion [*Contiene Spoiler sulla Versione DS*]

Lord Bel

prof Tarassaco Tassofrasso
Mod
Trauma Center:

Second Opinion

PREMESSA: Se non avete ancora finito il gioco per DS e non volete rovinarvi la sorpresa, NON LEGGETE questo topic.

Ho aperto questo topic per non andare OT nell'altro.

Cosa sarà mai questa roba?

E' ovvio! E' il seguito di Trauma Center: Under the Knife, il fantastico gioco uscito per DS quest'anno!

Di questo ancora si sa poco o niente, si conoscono solo alcune immagini...

933018_20060510_screen001.jpg

933018_20060510_screen002.jpg

933018_20060510_screen003.jpg

933018_20060510_screen004.jpg

933018_20060510_screen005.jpg

933018_20060510_screen006.jpg

Come potete notare la grafica è migliorata moltissimo, anche se non sono proprio felice delle modifiche apportate a Derek e ad Angie (Era più figa nel DS :D :D.

L'ambientazione sembra molto futuristica: se l'altro era ambientato nel 2018, questo potrebbe essere molto più avanti negli anni.

Il fatto che non sia più un gioco a 2 dimensioni (2D) potrebbe dare disagio non a poche persone. Infatti in touch screen permette un imput 2D, mentre il controller del Wii permette un imput 3D (oltre alla x e alla y c'è anche la z, ovvero la profondità). Questo potrebbe essere sfruttato, per esempio, per intrufolarsi dentro ad una ferita semplicemente avvicinando il controller alla TV (come affondando una penna nella plastilina). Però è un controllo che, senza avere la sicurezza di un "appoggio" (quale lo schermo del DS) può essere davvero difficile. Ah, dimentichiamoci la modalità a 2 stili.

Il puzzle è lo stesso che c'è nel DS, è vero, ma [iMHO] non è un rifacimento di Under the Knife. E' un gioco totalmente a parte, altrimenti non si chiamerebbe "second opinion", non credete?

A voi che ne pare? Cosa ne dite?

Appena so qualcos'altro lo posto qui!

27/5/06: Altri aggiornamenti

Notizie fresche fresche:

From what I heard Derick Stiles caught something called BLISS so maybe this game is trying to find the cure for that to save stiles.[...]

I believe "Bliss" was simply symbolic of Adam's view on death; more of a figurative name then an actual GUILT. As you play through the X missions, everything that Adam says has to deal with the natural tendency of nature and man to kill people. He says that by killing, you are simply helping people. At the end of the regular story missions, he says how Bliss is acheived by those who abandon their selfish desires, which I'm assuming is simply the selfish desire to live.
Minitraduzione rapida rapida: (e anche errata, forse...)

[Tutto che è fra parentesi quadre è un mio commento]Da quello che ho sentito Derek Stiles [il protagonista] ha preso [forse contratto?] qualcosa chiamato BLISS quindi forse questo gioco è una prova nel cercare una cura per questo, per salvare Stiles.

[...]

Io credo che “BLISS” era semplicemente la visione simbolica di Adam della morte; più un nome che una TILUG [GUILT è l'inglese di TILUG]. Quando giochi le “Operazioni X”, tutto ciò che Adam dice ha a che fare con la tendenza naturale della natura e dell'uomo di uccidere le persone. Lui dice che ammazzando, tu stai semplicemente aiutando la gente. Alla fine della modalità storia lui dice come BLISS sia archiviato da coloro che abbandonano loro stessi al desiderio [di questo pezzo non sono sicuro].
E questo potrebbe spiegare molte cose, ma adesso arriva la nota dolente.

Ahimè, forse questo gioco potrebbe DAVVERO essere un Remake. Guardate questa immagine:

samething3bk.png

Schermo piccolo: immagine presa dal DS

E' praticamente la stessa cosa...

Ultima modifica di un moderatore:

Bisba

Parroco
La grafica delle operazioni fa skifo :D

poi...

3^ immagine identica a quella del puzzle del Ds...

4^ è l'immagine di quando Angie parla con la bimbetta che non ricordo come si chiama :D

la 5^ è quella che c'è anche nel ds dove derek arriva ai caducei...

la 1^ e la 2^ sono di due operazioni che non riconosco, ma che secondo me ci sono anche nel ds

la 6^ è una di quelle tante immagini dove c'è quella tipa che ti parla e vedendo questa mi viene proprio in mente una del Ds solo che nn ricordo in che capitolo...

Secondo me è under the knife rifatto ma... boh... possiamo solo aspettare l'uscita del titolo....

Se trovavo immagini ti anticipavo all'aperture della discussione argh...

Lord Bel

Mod
Innanzitutto nei quote non mettere queste immagini, per favore, seno diventa un topic illeggibile (Troppo Lungo). Ti consiglio quindi di editare il post.

andre94 ha scritto:
La grafica delle operazioni fa skifo :D
Opinioni personali. A me piace assai.

E poi hai mai sentito parlare di "Grafica provvisioria"?

Questa era la grafica con cui doveva uscire Trauma Center: Under the Knife stando alle prime voci:

hurtedheart2of.jpg

Mi pare sia molto diversa dall'attuale...

poi...3^ immagine identica a quella del puzzle del Ds...

4^ è l'immagine di quando Angie parla con la bimbetta che non ricordo come si chiama :D

la 5^ è quella che c'è anche nel ds dove derek arriva ai caducei...

la 1^ e la 2^ sono di due operazioni che non riconosco, ma che secondo me ci sono anche nel ds

la 6^ è una di quelle tante immagini dove c'è quella tipa che ti parla e vedendo questa mi viene proprio in mente una del Ds solo che nn ricordo in che capitolo...

Secondo me è under the knife rifatto ma... boh... possiamo solo aspettare l'uscita del titolo....
Per tutto questo: Ho editato il messaggio con gli aggiornamenti. Rileggi il mio post per avere le risposte.

Bisba

Parroco
Lo so che lo hai editato...

ma ho iniziato a scrivere il post prima che tu editassi il tuo e poi l'ho concluso molto dopo...

Lord Bel

Mod
Notiziole Bellissime ed Utilissime!!!

Posto una intervista fatta da Thw Wiire (giornalista) a Bill Alexander (Lavoratore alla Atlus).

E' in inglese, ma si capisce più o meno bene.

The Wiire: Could you start off by maybe telling us a little bit about Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the Nintendo Wii?

Bill Alexander: Sure, Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the Wii is a follow-up to the popular DS title which was a big success for us.

(Trauma Center: Second Opinion trailer begins to play)

As you can see here, this video doesn't have any game play footage; there are some screen shots and still shots. It is the story of Derek, the doctor from the first one, and there's a second doctor in this one. You have your choice of playing between the two of them, you can alternate between the two of them, play as one all the way through then go back and play through the other one - that's really up to you. Each doctor will have their own storyline until the later stages of the game where they will combine their forces.

(Points to screen)

As you can see it's a little stylized with the view of the internal organs, I think that's for the best that you don't totally gross everyone out. But you can still tell what it is. It will be using all of the controller's advanced features, and it's really the perfect game for that. One of the reasons why Trauma Center for DS was so popular was because it's perfect for the stylus.

The Wiire: Yeah, it's actually my favorite game on the platform.

Alexander: Did you finish it?

The Wiire: It's actually very hard. I got pretty far, but I'm still working on it!

Alexander: Ahh, it's possible! All of our testers did it so...

The Wiire: Oh, I haven't given up; it's a blast, but you have to get the healing touch down.

Alexander: Yeah it takes practice, but if you really get stuck you can send an email to [email protected] and one of the guys may give you some points. But yeah, tough game.

There are also new instruments that are not in the DS version, one of them is the defribulator, so if the patient flat lines, I don't know all the details of how that works, but it will be pretty cool with the controller, I'm not sure if you use one or two, but I hope two.

(motions as if holding two controllers, shocking the chest of a patient)

The Wiire: Yeah, then it will be like "CLEAR!"

Alexander: (laugher) Yeah, exactly.

Also we're aiming for a launch title, so hopefully by the end of the year, it's the same team that did the DS version and they are totally excited about doing a sequel and doing it on the Wii rather than the DS.

The Wiire: On the DS with the two screens, you had your nurse and a lot of the information and HUD stuff was on the top screen, freeing up the bottom screen for the operation. Will there be a similar type of separation on the Wii version?

Alexander: I don't know this for sure, but I haven't heard anything about separating the screen like in the DS version. I think it's more likely we'll see that sort of information integrated in the space around your patient. I know [the development team] are still planning on having the same sort of voice parts where the nurse alerts you with a "Doctor!" and clips like that.

The Wiire: Do you know when we can expect to hear or see more about the game?

Alexander: Not really. The development team pushed really hard to get us the short trailer we're showing on the floor, so probably not for a while. They're working hard on it and I'm sure they'll be working on it up until the very last minute if they can.

The Wiire: When did the development of the game start? Was it before or after the team got a chance to demo the controller?

Alexander: Well, it was always in development for Wii - it wasn't like it was started on a different platform and then transferred, I know that much. When they decided to make the game, the Wii had already been announced. I don't know if they had a prototype of the controller or not, but they decided to make the game for that system because they knew it was a good fit.

The Wiire: Right, I was just curious as to whether it was a case of the team jumping on board after seeing the controller unveiled at TGS last year and saying to themselves "Oh man, we have to make Trauma Center"...

Alexander: (laugher) It's very possible.

The Wiire: ...or whether it was a case of "It looks pretty cool, but we'll wait and see until we get our hands on it".

Alexander: Our parent company definitely has a presence at the Tokyo Game Show, so I'm sure they would have been thinking about that, but I can't speak on their behalf.

The Wiire: Are there any plans or ideas being kicked around in regards to connectivity between the Wii version and perhaps a future DS sequel?

Alexander: Anything's a possibility at this point. I haven't heard anything about that, but I'm sure the development team will do whatever they can to put as many features in the game as possible.

The Wiire: I'm sure you've watched the TGS unveiling video for the controller. Just speaking personally, what were your first impressions?

Alexander: I personally - well, I love to play new, different, exciting games. When I first heard about it, I thought it was really cool. My nieces and nephews all love to play games that involve the dance pad, and things that make games more interactive and really bring you into it more. I think it's really cool and I think this is what this controller is going to be.

To be totally honest, personally, the first thing that popped into my mind was lightsaber battles between friends. I think it's going to be totally awesome - of the three systems, that's the one I'll be picking up first. Partially because of the price, but also because I personally value innovation over just rehashing the same old thing. It's also the reason I love the DS.

The Wiire: Atlus was one of the first third parties who jumped on the DS platform, really made excellent use of the hardware's unique features and produced a really interesting and innovative title - is this a trend for the company in deciding what to develop or publish for the different platforms out there?

Alexander: I know our staff at the US office, the guys who are working the show, myself included - we're looking at games from a couple of different publishers from Japan, evaluating them, and we're always interested in things that are unique and different because we feel the American audience is ready for some of these things and maybe they're getting overlooked. So from our side, definitely, we're trying to bring different things like Touch Detective and Contact for the DS.

The Wiire: Are there any other plans for the Wii in the future?

Alexander: Basically, we'll be evaluating titles for all the systems as we always have. We'll definitely look at what's available, so if there are games out there that are open for licensing that would be a good fit, it will happen.

The Wiire: I imagine how much of it will depend on how well Trauma Center does on the Wii.

Alexander: (smiles) Yeah, I'm pretty confident it'll be a success, so hopefully that'll bode well for future Wii titles.

The Wiire: Nintendo's been talking a lot over the past year about the concept of diminishing returns in graphics and skyrocketing development costs. This has pretty much been the philosophy behind the Wii. How do you feel about Nintendo's stance moving into next gen?

Alexander: You know, when I think about games that I really love and had the most fun playing, a lot of times what comes to mind are the old NES titles like Contra, Russian Attack, Zelda - I love those games. You could sit down and play those games and you could play them over and over again. They weren't necessarily 30 to 40 hour games, a lot of the times they were 2 or 3 hour games, but you'd play them over and over again.

I think Nintendo's trying to re-create the experience of just having fun when playing a game and the more social aspect of gaming as opposed to the linear, movie-type experience, which is more a one-time thing. I think it's a good strategy, I think it definitely - when you're going up against both Xbox 360 and PS3, it's going to give them a pretty good marketshare of people who are looking for that type of experience, or maybe people who aren't traditionally gamers, those people who aren't willing to pay five or six hundred dollars for a system. Certainly nothing against Sony or Microsoft because obviously, they've got some great games with some great graphics - we'll be publishing for them too. Overall I just think that Nintendo's giving people something that they want.

The Wiire: Back to Trauma Center for a bit - I know we were looking at the video and the graphics are very stylized, almost kind of cel-shaded even. Was this an intentional move to avoid making the game too gruesome?

Alexander: Well, I can't speak for the development team, but I think it was a smart move. Because there are concerns with ESRB issues, and you want to make it a title that's accessible for all ages. I mean, everyone enjoyed Trauma Center - kids to adults, and by not going down that road of making it photo-realistic, I think that makes it more accessible to a wider variety of audiences. You don't want people to get grossed out and pass out by it.

(laughter)

The Wiire: Yeah, like those surgery shows on Discovery.

Alexander: Yeah, there's a market for that - it's called doctors in training; real doctors in training.

(laughter continues)

The Wiire: Speaking of which, have you ever gotten any feedback from real doctors who've played the game?

Alexander: Actually yeah, we had someone come to the booth last year when we were showing off Trauma Center for the DS who was a surgeon and they were really intrigued by it. While some of the parts of the game are medically accurate, there are other parts where more liberties are taken.

The Wiire: Like the whole GUILT super-virus.

Alexander: Yeah, exactly. It's like a mix of reality and sci-fi.

The Wiire: I know in the first Trauma Center, the idea was toyed about with being able to choose your path in very limited instances. Will that idea be expanded upon in the Wii title?

Alexander: That one I don't know. I'm not sure what they're planning in that regard.
E' troppo lungo per tradurvelo a mano adesso [esatto, mi scoccia! XD] però non è difficile da capire.

In pratica, di importante è stato detto:

- Ci sarà un secondo Medico che accompagnerà Derek nella sua avventura: Ognuno di loro avrà una storia diversa, che però si unirà nello stage finale.

- Ci saranno altri strumenti (nuovi), come il defibrillatore

Ci sono anche altre notiziole più o meno importanti, leggete l'intervista per saperne di più.

Ed ora ragioniamo:

E' molto probabile che la storia di Derek sia la stessa identica del DS (stando quindi alle voci del Remake) mentre quella dell'altro medico sia totalmente nuova. Ed è quindi un doppio gioco [iMHO]: Remake + Nuova avventura.

E così va già meglio.

Comunque questa resta una mia considerazione, niente di più.

Altra intervista!!!

Questa intervista è davvero troppo lunga da postare, quindi la riassumo. E' stata fatta da un giornalista a Tomm Hulett, direttore generale del progetto "Second Opinion".

Punti base dell'intervista:

-

is you use the nunchuk analog stick to select your tool (there's a menu in the bottom corner) and then you operate with the Wii remote on the screen.
Con il controller nunchaku si potranno cambiare gli strumenti-

you get to use it like a defibrillator paddle, so you can be like, "Clear! *TSHSHCHCHKK!!*" and feel the rumble.
Si sfrutterà la funzione Rumble, per esempio, nel defibrillatore [Pronto! Scarica! BRBRSUDIFSFKJK!]-

And how Derek has the "Healing Touch" this new doctor will have some other power, so it'll be a different experience playing with each doctor
Come Derek ha il tocco curativo, l'altro dottore ha un potere a parte [ancora non rivelato]-

And I know they're adding organ transplant operations and also setting broken bones, so there's different types of operations as well.
Ci saranno anche operazioni di Trapianto di organi/ossaQuesto gioco promette davvero bene!

Top Bottom