Let's write in english.

Pariston

马 炎 凯
Admin
Here it has been raining uninterruptedly for four long days. I keep receiving e-mails on weather alerts, wind alerts, rain alerts, river floods, and the likes; there is no such thing as sunlight anymore.

I think I may go crazy.

Moquette is everywhere, as are drunken girls. [emoji30]

Beer here is for the most part not cheap at all. I think it has something to do with taxes and the risk that everyone would be throwing up on the streets, should the beer be cheap and nice.

On the other hand I discovered ginger beer (which – oddly enough – is not a beer at all). [emoji15]

Ultima modifica di un moderatore:

Siebold Tyrell

Growing strong
Just reading some of your posts... I wish I could move to another country very soon. I'm so tired of this place, except for my family and friends. I deserve something more suitable to my personality and my ambitions, and I'm quite sure I've to change everything of my life to do so.

Just saying.

"How do you call an elephant that doesn't mean anything? An Irrelephant!"

English joke, guys, don't kill me.

Asgananawey

Passante
Wow, what a beautiful place! It seems very nice. I've never been in UK but I'd really like to go there . I hope you'll be okay in your new city. :)
Thank you  :)

Jesus christ I agree with EVERYTHING, except for the windows... I always slept in complete darkness in Italy, but I found it very easy to change this habit. The house I'm living in now has huge windows, they almost occupy the entire wall in my room, and they don't even have curtains, only venetian blinds which don't really block any light... But then again, there isn't much light to worry about here, especially in winter!

:D

For me, this must be the thing I hate most about this place, even more than its shitty weather (pardon my french): in this period of the year we only get around 7 hours of daylight... And I spend them all in my office. Sun rises at 8.15, which means it is completely dark when I get up at 6.30 and it's dark again before 4  :(
Yeah I agree with you. I woke up now from my night shift and is dark outside... Here I'm a bit luckier than you, I'm in the south of England so I've more sun...but is more or less one hour more sunny than there where you are.

Here it has been raining uninterruptedly for four long days. I keep receiving e-mails on weather alerts, wind alerts, rain alerts, river floods, and the likes; there is no such thing as sunlight anymore.

I think I may go crazy.

Moquette is everywhere, as are drunken girls. [emoji30]

Beer here is for the most part not cheap at all. I think it has something to do with taxes and the risk that everyone would be throwing up on the streets, should the beer be cheap and nice.

On the other hand I discovered ginger beer (which – oddly enough – is not a beer at all). [emoji15]
Well I think I'm lucky, because if you go to London or in some pubs here the beer costs 4-4.5£ each pint, but as I said there're pubs that sells beer at 2-2.5£ (depends on the days and the pubs, but usually are English beers...so ale or real ale) also imported...The guinnes here costs 3£.

Just for letting you know, this is the entrance of the hospital where I'm working now:

12187766_10208210839899013_6544788010409631747_n.jpg

And this is the view from my balcony:

12039329_10208163183587635_2942318854507413936_n.jpg

Yes, I live near the cricket stadium. 

Asgananawey

Passante
Well don't worry Aleterla, when you woke up at 9 am because the guys are doing their job on the field after a night shift you won't be really happy to live here  :D   :D   :D

Pariston

马 炎 凯
Admin
Well I think I'm lucky, because if you go to London or in some pubs here the beer costs 4-4.5£ each pint, but as I said there're pubs that sells beer at 2-2.5£ (depends on the days and the pubs, but usually are English beers...so ale or real ale) also imported...The guinnes here costs 3£.
That is quite disappointing. Guinnes here ranges from 4€ to 5€, I thought it was supposed to be cheaper here in the Glorious Republic of Ireland.I prefer Beamish anyway.

Pariston

马 炎 凯
Admin
Yesterday I've been to two pubs. 4.80€ for one pint of Beamish, and 5.30€ for one of Rising Sons.

I will report back again after the 12 pubs of Christmas.

Partouze

Oh, fuck it... DREAM BIGGER!
I feel like no one post here anymore just because you are so scared of mistakes. Come on, I want to play with you, even though my english is far from perfect.

Partouze

I'm just here so I won't get fined. I think my english is somewhat lackluster, especially when it comes to verbal expressions. I don't know how to define them, but I think you'll get the idea if I mention verbs like "come up", "come down". Come on, you get it, like verbs together with words. Oh, I'm so struggling: can somebody please help me?

mr100euro

Riding the waves up in Malibu...
Sometimes, I have your same problem :( I remember only queue up, give up and some other that I don't remember at the moment.

Partouze

So I'm going to suggest you to not give up and keep studying, even though I'm sure my posts are full of (terrible) mistakes.

Partouze

Subtitles are for weak. Try to watch "Leave The World Behind", a documentary telling the story of former electro-dance powerhouse Swedish House Mafia, instead: you won't regret it. At some point the protagonists start to talk in their mother language, which is so hard to understand (of course). That kind of experience was so useful I decided to watch it four more times, even though I hate films or stuff.

Pariston

马 炎 凯
Admin
I'm just here so I won't get fined. I think my english is somewhat lackluster, especially when it comes to verbal expressions. I don't know how to define them, but I think you'll get the idea if I mention verbs like "come up", "come down". Come on, you get it, like verbs together with words. Oh, I'm so struggling: can somebody please help me?
Did you mean: phrasal verbs?There is no way out, you have to learn them by heart.

170.gif

CiaobyDany

あなたと見る絶望は あなた無しの希望など霞むほど輝くから
Wiki
Well, to be honest noone ever asked me to learn them by heart, I think I just learned them reading books/manga scans or watching subbed video (usually anime jap sub eng).

(why does that noone seem so awkward? It shouldn't be wrong, is it?)

Partouze

Did you mean: phrasal verbs?

There is no way out, you have to learn them by heart.

170.gif
Hilarious gif, made my day. Today we introduced the Brontë sisters, I find them quite interesting even if their literature seems a bit repetitive. They are "Human after all", and yes, I'm raping my new Daft Punk LP. Love it. Also, thanks Mella for the tip, hope you are enjoying the astonishing irish landscapes.

Echoes

Interplay
One of my dearest friends told me that this summer she could go to London for three weeks and if she's going there I'm going there with her. I'm sure it would be awesome, 'cause I've never been to London but I always wanted to. Also I need some incentives to study English because I'm starting to get bored of studying it at school. My teacher doesn't want to do anything except correcting exercises over and over and it's all so deathly boring. I think he hates our class too :c 

Top Bottom