Let's write in english.

I thought it's a good idea a thread in which we can only write in english about any topic you want, like in the "topic dei nottambuli" (but you can write here during all day).

This could make your english better. Don't waste this opportunity, this thread is better than "Corso di lingue DeAgostini" and it's free.

If someone writes wrong, point out to him/her without arrogance.

Ultima modifica di un moderatore:

CiaobyDany

あなたと見る絶望は あなた無しの希望など霞むほど輝くから
Wiki
The fact is... If there's no topic I think this is going to become a great mess...

Let's try to see what's going to happen though ^^

Oh, I'd like to add another rule: no sms-like abbreviations like tho bro and all that stuff. I think it's better if we just try to speak the more correctly possible.

CiaobyDany

Wiki
Yes! I totally agree with you, I even prefer Wordreference to Oxford Dictionaries, it's really well done.

(now I'll get back to analysis...)

Strax

Smogon Loyalist
but you can't translate phrases with it.
Not that there is anything that can help you translate things correctly online, every good translation software costs, and quite a lot I'd say. We used to have one time ago, used to work pretty nicely but still there were some elementary mistakes.

Still better than that nonsense coming from Google Translate :D

Unnamed

Passante
We should make "Let's write in German" and "Let's write in Spanish".

No, I'm just joking

Strax

Smogon Loyalist
I'd be permanently out of both, considering English is the only foreign language I'm good at. I used to be decent at French, but after not using it for ages I've forgot practically everything.

Never knew a single bit of German tho, I'm totally clueless on it :D But if Seb can speak Italian, I should also give German a try... :)

tyons

(si pronuncia "tìons", perchè sì)
I thought it's a good idea a thread
either "to have a thread" or "I thought {"that" is optional} a thread in which [....] could be a good idea", but since the sentence was so long, the first option is probably better.

I think it's better if we just try to speak the more correctly possible.
 the more correctly possible -> as correctly as possible

CiaobyDany

Wiki
Damn, I have to admit I totally hate when I get corrected...

Thanks DSO, I didn't remember that construction...

Mr Ponty

漱石
i need to eat something really fast or i'm going to die by starvation... unfortunately there's almost nothing in my kitchen D:

time to order the PATAPIZZA

Massi, don't write here while you're drunk. Let's avoid useless messages in order to prevent this topic close.

Except for this post, I mean.

CiaobyDany

Wiki
No, well, you pointed out something that anyone who writes here should understand as soon as possible: this is off topic, which means that here you shouldn't write nonsense posts just for the +1 effect. If you have to shoot the shit (man, seriously, you can't use bad words in English, they're awful, cazzeggiare is definitely better), then go on the other topic in the right section.

Massi_TH

Lone Digger
Massi, don't write here while you're drunk. Let's avoid useless messages in order to prevent this topic close.

Except for this post, I mean.
I'm not drunk homie, that's slang, y'know? Shit, jus' chill out, dawg.Anyway, this topic is a pretty nice idea, so I don't want to shitpost or anything like that.

Mr Ponty

漱石
No, well, you pointed out something that anyone who writes here should understand as soon as possible: this is off topic, which means that here you shouldn't write nonsense posts just for the +1 effect. If you have to shoot the shit (man, seriously, you can't use bad words in English, they're awful, cazzeggiare is definitely better), then go on the other topic in the right section.
i don't see your point, cazzeggiare sucks versus  the expression "shoot the shit" , just imagine someone who's shooting a shit, it's like the only one thing that i like about this language.

CiaobyDany

Wiki
close -> "from closing" or "from getting closed".

yeah squeezing melons is so easy >_> (yes I know you did it on purpose)

I'm so sorry for the corrections but I have the best intentions >_>
Well, I think anyone is going to get pissed off at first, but you are definitely helping us improving, so just go on like that, we'll appreciate it (not in the near future, obviously).

edit: @Ponty

I prefer the Italian term, since I don't even want to imagine that expression to be taken literally...

I have an idea: now Pariston is gonna tell us everything on how his new life in Ireland is going. I think this will interest all the people who post here, whom I suppose are studying English in school  :)

Pariston

马 炎 凯
Admin
I don't think that will be so interesting, as I usually tend to lead a very plain and simple life, but I promise I will write something down later today.

Life here is great fun, and I've always wanted to keep a diary anyway. ;)

Top Bottom